The following are links to some commonly used insurance companies:
***We are participating members of AHP and GRIPA.
If your child does not have health insurance, they may be eligible for Medicaid. Medicaid offers free to low-cost health coverage for those who need financial assistance.
You can apply by phone, by mail or in person through Monroe DSS or by contacting a facilitated enroller (FE). Monroe DSS is located at:
Monroe County DSS
111 Westfall Road
Rochester, New York 14620
Fax: (585) 225-2626
• Other local departments of social services can be found here. • You can access an application here.
• You can obtain applications and assistance by calling New York Health Options at (585) 693-6765
A facilitated enroller (FE) is a community agency trained to assist with Medicaid applications – you may use an FE to apply, they are available to provide application assistance
• Excellus BCBS: (800) 716-4885
• Fidelis/NYS Catholic Health Plan: (888) 343-3547
• Monroe County DSS: (585) 753-6960
After you apply for Medicaid, local districts must determine if you are eligible. They will send you a letter within 45 days of the date of your application notifying you if your application has been accepted of denied. If you are pregnant or applying on behalf of children, the local district has 30 days from the date of your application to determine if you are eligible for Medicaid. Since the application process can take up to 45 days, it is recommended that you apply for Medicaid before your baby is born.